Laser tattoo removal:
Laser tattoo removal is a process that uses high-powered lasers that can go deep into the skin and destroy the ink particles inside the cells that give the tattoo its colour. Depending on the colour of the ink in the tattoo, different types of lasers can be used to get rid of it. The process for getting rid of a tattoo will depend on the tattoo and the person disposing of it.
Can a laser remove a permanent tattoo?
To answer this question, it’s important to know how tattoos are done on the skin.
- An electric needle makes a permanent tattoo by putting ink into the skin. This needle can make 3000 holes in the skin per minute and go 1mm deep. This process goes through the epidermis layer and forces the ink into the dermis layer. The ink pieces stay in this layer, making the design you want.
- Permanent tattoos are hard to get rid of once they are inked into the skin, as you might have guessed from this explanation. So, it got its name. The tattoo will fade as we age, but it won’t completely disappear.
- It used to be hard and time-consuming to get rid of permanent tattoos. The older ways of getting rid of tattoos hurt more than getting the tattoo itself.
- But taking off a tattoo with a laser was different. It had few side effects and showed a lot of promise. In this method, a dermatologist focuses a high-powered laser beam on the tattoo. This, in turn, will cause the ink to heat up, which will cause it to break up into minute particles, ultimately resulting in the marks being entirely removed.
How does a laser take off a tattoo?
- Lasers can remove tattoos because they break the larger particles of ink into tiny ones manageable for the body’s white blood cells to take up. To fragment an ink particle, you must first heat it to cause it to expand, owing to thermal expansion. However, the zap must be fast enough that half of the particle can maintain its original temperature. The conflicting heat and cold forces break the ink particles into more manageable pieces.
- After the ink particles have been broken into sufficiently small pieces by the lasers, the white blood cells can take them up and carry them to the liver, where they are eliminated.
Risks of laser tattoo removal
Tattoo excision is a safe medical procedure with temporary risks like
- Skin sensitivity
- Mild scarring
- Swelling and mild Bruising, which may reduce over 5-6 days
Cost for laser tattoo removal treatment?
The real cost of laser tattoo removal in Bangalore depends on various things. Here are a few of the most important:
The size of the tattoo:
The bigger the size, the longer it takes, and the more times it needs to be done.
The location of the tattoo:
When the tattoo is on a sensitive area, it can be hard for the dermatologist to get rid of it. Doing it incorrectly can make the person feel much more pain and discomfort. So doctors have to spend more time and take more care.
The colour of the tattoo:
Black is the colour that the tattoo comes off the easiest. To get rid of other colours, you need special lasers. The most complicated tattoos are the ones with more than one colour, so they cost more.
The ink used:
Some inks are heavy, making them very hard to get off. This will need more advanced lasers.
Laser Tattoo Removal Aftercare
- After the treatment, don’t do anything too hard for 24 hours.
- It is recommended that you apply sunscreen, keep out of the sun for a few days, and protect the area that has been treated in some other way.
- You should apply an ice pack or cold compress to the treated area for the next twenty-four hours.
- Use a moisturizer or aloe vera cream. But before you do this, you should talk to your dermatologist.
- Don’t wear tight clothes around the treated area to keep air flowing.
- Don’t scratch or rub the area that has been treated.
- Do not use harsh skin care products in the area that has been treated.
Are you thinking of getting a laser tattoo removal in Tirupati? Have any queries about the treatment?
The best laser tattoo removal treatment specialist in Tirupati, Dr. Prakash Sajja is here to solve all your queries.
Do call 9440830455 or Fill out our Appointment form to get in touch!
♥ Follow our Social Media pages for recent updates. Facebook | Instagram